Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Low point: I now have the world’s most famous nose ring.


When I write my tell-all book, my nose ring will be worth as much as Janet Jackson nipple rings, for the diplomatic society.

I was invited to the Ambassador’s estate on Friday evening to meet certain individuals who were in town and instructed very closely on what to wear: suit, very formal and look very conservative because their would be Turkish men at the event- oh and my nose… yes.  Could I take that out for the evening?  It probably isn’t ideal for the standard, conservative look… epic.

Oh yes.  My face was glowing, red with embarrassment.  Hot cheeks.  I could feel the blood rushing to them… humiliation and then… a bit of anger… just a smidge.  Okay, a little more than that.  I can’t say I wasn’t surprised because I’m working I’m a conservative circle of people, but perhaps these officials were not busy enough or you haven’t grasped the concept of “official diplomacy” since they had time to write it down in an official email.

In America we are fortunate enough to have the freedom to pierce, stab, tattoo, and penetrate and part of our body however we want.  And we take it that job serious!

Don’t believe me?  Walk into any homeroom in public schools across America.  Or just watch the kids lined up in at the cinema waiting for the newest Twilight saga.  My personal fav…  Little freaks.

I think there comes a time in every boring person’s life, when they have to let go of any self-identifying factors that make them unique and conform to societies cookie-cutter image of subservient blue-collared labor.  I however, have not said that would be today.  Or tomorrow.  And yes, I still plan on teaching four-year olds the f-bomb for fun.  (See earlier post for reference if you are finding yourself confused). 

And yet… I submit to my authorities requests and removed the nose ring (currently, the world’s most famous nose ring). 

But when I arrived at the dinner that was the first thing my boss checked- MY NOSE!  So naturally, I asked for a copy of his email…

I think it’s only fair.  I think I’m considering submitting this with the nose ring whenever it does go up for auction, because I think it will help to increase the value and verify the integrity of the item.  I plan on trying to sell it as a collector’s item if this incident ever repeats and then I will have more than one nose ring for the collection. 


I have nothing further to say about my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment